CCP New Legislation

• December 07, 2017 10:05 AM
    Message # 5618510
    Deleted user

What do people think of the new regulations to CCP? Good for the program? Good for the students? How will this affect your processes, procedures and even policy for your institution?

• December 10, 2017 12:00 PM
    Reply # 5622524 on 5618510

We are a rural high school with most of our CCP credits coming from a private university. The courses are offered in our high school. With the new laws about the level 1 courses, I am afraid our students will lose out on the CCP opportunity. Maybe I am misunderstanding the "Level 1" courses. Will any courses from private universities qualify as a level 1 course?

• December 11, 2017 8:14 AM
    Reply # 5623377 on 5618510
    Deleted user

Hi Amy,

From my understanding the "Level 1" courses are more along the lines of general education courses - English, Math, etc. There are many institutions that offer more technical programs that would only qualify under the "Level 2" courses which can only be taken once the student has completed the "Level 1" courses. I believe this may be an effort to ensure the credits students are earning have the greatest potential to have the best opportunity to transfer into most colleges and academic programs.

I'll illicit more information from our OACAC Government Relations Chair.

• December 11, 2017 9:30 AM
    Reply # 5623467 on 5618510

Hi Amy,

The final decision on the rules have not come out yet.  There is a Hearing this Thursday to discuss the "pending" rules to HB 49 which became law in June.  Colleges/universities can appeal a course if it is part of a program and/or is part of a degree or certificate.  I know your concerns have been passed along to Larisa Harper and Charles See.  From what I understand, continued discussions about the implementation of these rules are on-going.

Contact us

OACAC

P.O. Box 959

Marysville, OH 43040

execadmin@oacac.org